Vision, Mission and Values
The Society Of Environmental Engineers helps the engineering community develop the skills and solutions to overcome testing and development challenges.
Founded in 1959, The SEE is a Charity and as a professional organisation enables collaboration, knowledge sharing and skill development amongst engineers and technical staff across all environmental engineering disciplines and sectors.
The Society works to serve the needs of its members and to promote the relevance of environmental engineering-related technologies to governments, industry and the community in general.
It is important that all members and stakeholders are aware of what the Society Of Environmental Engineers and its members stand for.
The SEE aims to be the essential resource for engineers and other technical professionals in all aspects of environmental engineering.
The SEE’s mission is to serve its members and partners by offering a focus for the advancement of environmental engineering science. The SEE believes that its vision can be achieved through a series of concurrent missions, focusing on specific aspects of the profession and industry. These missions are:
• To provide value and representation for the environmental engineering profession in the UK.
• To provide opportunities for further education and self-improvement of members.
• To provide leadership in the development, planning and dissemination of environmental engineering technology.
• To be the focal point of all national and international information on environmental engineering and related technologies and be capable of disseminating it promptly and efficiently.
• To provide opportunities for our members to be informed of changes in environmental engineering technology.
• To assist members to develop their network of contacts within the UK industry and internationally.
• To be recognised both nationally and internationally as a leading professional Society.
The SEE adheres to these core values.
• We value the professionalism of our members and of their industry sectors.
• We believe in personal growth and continuous professional development for our members.
• We always act with integrity and require the same of our members.
• We respect and value the expertise of all of our members.
• We are looking to grow and strengthen the UK’s environmental engineering talent base.
• We believe in the capability of the UK’s environmental engineering base.
• We strive for excellence at all levels of our membership.
22 Greencoat Place